15 interesting moments from the speech of the head of Apple after the publication of the quarterly reports
In the night from Tuesday to Wednesday, Apple announced its financial results for the first quarter of the 2017 financial year ended 31 December 2016. Income for the reporting period was a record for the Corporation and amounted to $78.4 billion
IPhone sales for the specified quarter was almost to 78.3 million units, which is about 3.5 million units more compared to the same period a year ago (nearly 74.8 million units). These data exceeded the expectations of analysts forecast sales at no more than 77.4 million smartphones.
“We’re looking to announce that over the holiday quarter, we managed to record revenue in Apple’s history, breaking several records during this period. We sold the largest number of iPhones than ever before, and also received record revenue in the categories of iPhone, services, Mac and Apple Watch, said Tim cook, Apple’s CEO. — The growth of our business services accelerated considerably compared to the previous year, which was preceded by a record of user activity in the App Store. We are also very pleased which products represented in our product line”.
Speaking after the publication of the financial report with analysts of the investment companies during the call, Tim cook made several important observations.
15 interesting moments from the speech of Tim cook:
- The cash reserves Apple has reached the sum of $246,1 billion.
- Tim cook: the return from abroad of $231 billion as positive for Apple, and for the country.
- Apple still buys 15 to 20 companies a year.
- Apple has paid app developers $60 billion.
- Revenue from services (App Store, Apple Pay, etc.) increased by 18% and almost equal to the sales Mac, amounting to $7,17 billion
- The division of Apple’s services could be included in the hundred most successful companies according to Fortune.
- Cook: Apple is making tentative steps in the creation of original video content.
- The volume of transactions Apple Pay has increased over the year by 500%.
- CarPlay is used by over 1 million people.
- Apple reported double-digit sales growth of the iPhone in USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia and Japan.
- iPhone 7 Plus became the most popular model “Plus” in history.
- Profit from Mac sales set a record last quarter.
- The share of iPad in the tablet market for more than $200 in the US is 85%.
- IPad sales fell by 19%, but Tim cook believes in this market.
- The Apple Watch sales set a record last quarter.
Apple sales increased in almost all regions, except China. The Chinese market is a weakness of Apple: the company faces high competition from local manufacturers. Apple sales in China last quarter fell 12% to $16.2 billion.
Apple shares to additional trading on Tuesday rose by more than 3%. Their value increased by 7% over the past three months and 25% over the last year.