How to open ZIP files on iOS in the app Notes
Our iPhone in Safari and other iOS browsers can not work with ZIP-archives. Colleagues from iDownloadBlog, to his own surprise, found that the archives is able to work a standard Notes application, which is regularly improved unbeknownst to many users. Now we will explain how to access downloaded from the Internet ZIP archive directly on your iPhone using the application Notes.
- Open Safari and click on the link on the download page the ZIP archive. As an example, you specified the website of the University of Colorado.
- As soon as Safari loads the file, tap “Open in…” and select Notes.
- In the popup window you can add text notes and select the note to which you add a. ZIP file. When finished, click “Save”.
- Now open the Notes app and notes with your saved ZIP file. Click on the file, and it unzips the contents.
You can also open ZIP files in iCloud Drive and Mail, and not only them. Here is a list of file extensions, which you can access on your iOS devices by using the Notes application, iCloud Drive and Mail:
- .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images)
- .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word)
- .htm and .html (web pages)
- .key (Keynote)
- .numbers (Numbers)
- .pages (Pages)
- .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat)
- .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- .txt and .rtf (text)
- .vcf (contact information)
- .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
According to the materials of iDownloadBlog