Ideal system: what would you have added to macOS?
At WWDC Apple announced the release preview version of macOS Sierra. The company calls the OS large-scale renewal of “the world’s most advanced desktop operating system with new features for more efficient work on the Mac.
The main feature of the update is referred to as voice assistant Siri. Function allows to search for information, locating documents, pin and drag the search results or change system settings. In addition, the new OS all the content on the desktop and in the folder “Documents” available on iPhone and iPad, and universal Universal clipboard Clipboard allows you to copy content, including text, images, photographs and videos from one Apple device and paste on another.
Not to mention the function of “picture in Picture” on a Mac and the updated Photos app with the function of Memories, the ability to automatically unlock your computer using the Apple Watch and the option “Optimized storage”, which automatically migrates infrequently used files to the cloud, freeing up space on the internal drive.
Of course, the new macOS pleases with its capabilities, but Apple have where to develop the platform. The following is a list of how the company could improve the operating system for Mac:
- Full mode Dark Mode, as in tvOS.
- The function is always active Siri.
- Unified search, Siri/Spotlight.
- Auto-unlock not only the Apple Watch but the iPhone.
- Handoff for content in iTunes.
- Save documents to iCloud for offline viewing.
- The ability to restrict the iCloud syncing for larger/arbitrary file types.
- Improved Split View (4 Windows?)
- The updated Mac App Store (gifts).
These are just a few ideas of how Apple can improve the OS for Mac. If you have decided to make a list of the required functions for macOS, what would you have included?