The best of the best 2017: top apps for iPhone and iPad by Apple
Apple’s WWDC conference 2017 held a ceremony of awarding the prize Apple Design Awards. Awards were given to the developers of applications for iOS devices, and creators of programs for macOS and tvOS. In the list of winners includes 10 services and 2 student project.
In the competition competed application developers for iOS and macOS, which boast the most original design. Among the best this year were several games and applications for learning, planning, and some other software products. Separately, Apple has selected two of the best student project.
The Apple Design Awards 2017 were:
- Blackbox from Ryan McLeod (Ryan McLeod) — free puzzle game, which varies depending on the time of day and position of the gyroscope and brightness settings of the device.
- Splitter Critters from RAC7 Games — a game similar to the classic “Lemmings”, which have the ability to “cut” the game world to help the characters avoid obstacles.
- Mushroom 11 by Untame — platformer in which you need to “destroy” parts of a formless character to move him around the game world.
- Old Man’s Journey from Broken Rules — puzzle game that uses the features of the landscape of the locations to solve mysteries. Apple notes that this game was chosen as winner because of “exciting gameplay, beautiful “handwritten” style, and study locations.”
- Severed from Drinkbox Studios is an action — adventure game in which the player must manage the one-armed warrior and fight with the help of swiping gestures on the screen. Apple noted the soundtrack as well as her “intuitive and effective mechanics.”
- From Lake d Lake.o.o — application for coloring illustrations, optimized for stylus Apple Pencil and 3D Touch, Spotlight search and other technologies used in iOS.
- Bear from Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S. N. C. — application for creating notes, which is also available for macOS. Apple notes that the service works quickly, and has a “simple design, beautiful typography”.
- Kitchen Stories from AJNS New Media GmbH, is the app with the world, which is available for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
- 3 Things from Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG — task Manager, which Apple noted including the use of gestures to control records.
- Elk from Clean Shaven Apps Pte. Ltd is a currency Converter app that works on iOS and watchOS. Apple indicates that the application effectively uses gestures, and also takes into account the user’s location for tips on the right currencies.
- Enlight from Lightricks Inc. photo editor that has a “collection of tools, ready to compete with professional desktop applications”.
- 3 from Bloop AirMail — mail client for macOS, iOS, and watchOS. Apple noted for its extensive integration with outside services, “deferred” letters and speed.
The prize Apple Design Awards are awarded since 1997 for the most notable applications created for Apple technology third party developers. The announcement of the list of winners was held during the conference WWDC, which runs from 5 to 9 June.