What was for Apple last quarter?
Last night held another conference call, where Apple CEO Tim cook and CFO Luca Maestri has summarized the work of the Corporation for the third fiscal quarter of 2016, which includes the second three months of this year. By tradition, we publish the main outcome of the event, which you can see over your morning Cup of coffee (though a little rest from pokemon).
- Revenue — 42,4 billion (over the same period in 2015 49.6 billion dollars)
- Net profit of $ 7.8 billion (in 2015 — $ 10.7 billion)
- The earnings per share of 1.42 dollars (last year — 1.85 USD)
- Free money — about 231 billion dollars (200 billion against a year earlier)
- iPhone — 40.4 million devices (in 2015, accounting for 47.5 million)
- iPad — 10 million units (2015, 10.9 million)
- Mac — 4 million computers (in 2015 — 4.8 million)
- iPod — data not shown
- Apple Watch data not shown
Sales dynamics iPhone, iPad, and Mac
What makes Apple?
- Revenues with Apple services $ 6 billion (5 billion a year earlier)
- Sales of iPod, Apple TV and accessories brought Apple about $ 2.2 billion ($2 billion last year)
- Apple Music more than 15 million subscribers
Interesting facts and allegations:
- Services over the past year has brought Apple’s $ 23 billion
- The average price of the iPhone dropped to $ 595 thanks to iPhone SE
- The most active market for Apple in the last quarter was India
- On the iPhone moved a record number of Android users
- 63% of tablet owners in the US prefer iPad
- The number of apps in the App Store exceeded 2 billion
- Much attention Apple pays China
- Tim cook said that 3 of the 4 payments are made using Apple Pay
- Apple continues a program that pays dividends
Despite the decline in financial performance compared to last year, last quarter was for Apple a breath of fresh air. As for the decline in sales, there is nothing surprising — in the past quarter Apple has not introduced new (except iPhone SE), the results of which would be in today’s report.
Apple shares fell 0.7 % as the number of sold iPhone surpassed analysts ‘ expectations.
To compare the current results with Apple in the previous quarter you can on our website.