Why the new Apple TV was bolshe comment
It’s funny that out of all presented at the recent presentation of Apple products, most of the interest is not disassembly or iPhone 6s iPad Pro and a new Apple TV fourth generation. iFixit did, and finally we will be able to see all that lies within, and to understand what made Apple to increase the case of the new, more perfect and long-awaited Apple TV.
Perhaps you are wondering — why the masters of iFixit Apple TV already there, and we have not yet. This month in console sales did not go, but Apple has graciously provided several copies to developers interested in creating applications for a new tvOS. But let’s rather get to the fun stuff.
iFixit has disassembled the new Apple TV, and here is what they found:
- APL1011 Apple A8 SoC and SK Hynix H9CKNNNBKTBRWR-NTH 2 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM
- SK Hynix H2JTEG8VD1BMR 32 GB NAND flash drive
- Universal Scientific Industrial 339S00045 Wi-Fi
- SMSC LAN9730 USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet controller
- Apple 338S00057
- Texas Instruments PA61
- Fairchild Semiconductor DF25AU
- NXP 1112
Interested? Probably not very much. In fact, inside the new Apple TV there is absolutely nothing spectacular. Increased the mystery body is also disclosed. The hull was enlarged to put in the radiator and the PSU. Good cooling will help to provide the high processing power of A8 chip. Because of this, the console also became 50 percent heavier than the previous generation.
In search of something interesting iFixit decided to disassemble and a new remote for Apple TV. Here is what’s inside:
- STM32L151QD ST Microelectronics ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-M3 MCU
- BCM5976C1KUB6G Broadcom touchscreen controller
- CSR (Qualcomm) CSR1010 Bluetooth radio
- Texas Instruments TMS320C55 ultra-low-power digital signal processor
- ST Microelectronics AS5C Y523
- Texas Instruments TI49C37GI and TI55CHL6I
The overall repairability rating from iFixit 8/10, and this is a good result. However, given the cost of the Apple TV, in case of serious damage it is not difficult to change. Yes and they don’t break as often as the iPhone. The connectors and the battery in the new remote control is easy to replace, and this is important.