Apple explained why she need much money
After the completion of the 2018 fiscal year, which ended on 29 October, Apple has published an annual report. MacRumors has read the 96-page document to describe the changes in the company in 2018.
- By the end of 2018, Apple has 132 000 employees. This is 9,000 more than in 2017.
- Expenditure on research and development increased by almost $ 3 billion and reached USD 14.2 billion. This is almost 23% more compared with 11.5 billion dollars last year.
- Apple continues a repurchase program of own shares. As of October 26, 2018, the company had 23 712 shareholders. For comparison, 20 Oct 2017 to 25 333. Apple just released 4 754 986 000 shares.
- The costs of the Genius Bar are reduced. In 2018 Apple spent 4.1 billion dollars in warranty repair of devices at the Genius Bar. In 2017, the figure was 4.3 billion dollars, in 2016 — $ 4.6 billion.
- Capex in 2019 will be about $ 14 billion. This money is earmarked for production equipment, create data centers, corporate facilities and retail stores.
- Apple increased the amount of office space. The total area of the property owned by the company is 1 532 900 m2. Apple also rents 2 257 544 m2 for the construction of additional real estate.