News Apple, issue 134: financial results, Apple TV 4, and the iTunes Store in Russia
We present to your attention the 134th edition news program “news Apple”, where every week we talk about the most interesting events from the world of Apple and our website. Today we will talk about the financial results, the start of sales of Apple TV 4 generation, the possible closure of the iTunes Store in Russia, and more!
1. This week developers were become available to install the first beta version of iOS 9.2. This update came just a week after the public release of iOS 9.1 and contains a number of improvements and innovations. Among them is the elimination of the notorious problems with kapslokom that truth is decided not in all applications.
2. With the first beta version of iOS 9.2, Apple released a beta version of OS X 10.11.2 for developers. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of our Mac, and that’s all we know today. Perhaps nothing more is needed, unless, of course, this week did not have time to draw new Emoji.
3. This Thursday, October 29, in Dubai at Mall of the Emirates has opened the largest Apple store in the world and the first in the United Arab Emirates. Its scale is truly impressive. Right in the lobby of the store has trees, and at the entrance is a large screen. So if you are going on vacation to UAE, now you know where you have to buy a new iPhone.
4. As it became known this week, voice assistant Siri will not talk to you about the latest trends in music after the expiration of three months free subscription, if you have paid for Apple Music. However, once you reactivate your subscription, as a “Helper” becomes immediately more friendly and actively supports talk about music. But the request to play anything, flawlessly throws in the Apple Music app.
5. Despite all the discussions about what the film is Danny Boyle’s “Steve jobs” has all the chances to receive Academy awards USA, the American public, it seems, does not demonstrate much interest in the life of the founder of Apple. In the first weekend a wide rolled film with a budget of $ 30 million was able to collect only 7.3 million. The Russian premiere of “Steve jobs” will take place only on 1 January 2016.
6. On the territory of our country hypothetically may disable the iTunes Store. Recently Roskomnadzor turned to Apple with the request to restrict access to songs of group “Metal Corrosion” and “Zyklon-B”, because the tracks were recognized as extremist in accordance with a judicial decision. The Ministry reported on its official page in social network Facebook.
Thus according to the Agency’s formal notification has already been sent to the administration of the resource. It is unknown how Apple will respond to the demand regulator, but in compliance with Federal law, in the case of non-compliance with the requirements of Roskomnadzor, the Agency may restrict access to the page, entered in the Unified register. In this case — to block the iTunes Store on the territory of the Russian Federation. At the same time, according to representatives of Roskomnadzora previously Apple has complied with the requirements of the regulator, so I want to believe that all will end happily.
7. On Monday 26 October Apple TV fourth generation went on sale. This long-awaited new can officially be bought not only in the U.S. and Europe but also in Russia. Now on a special page of the Russian online Apple store you can place an order for a new Apple TV and get the goods within 3-5 working days. The cost of 32-Gigabyte version is 14,000 rubles, the model with 64 GB of memory will cost 18,000 rubles.
Apparently, in the coming days it will be possible to get the prefix and the official partners of Apple, so if in those cities there is no delivery to your place of residence, we advise you to contact your local premium reseller.
8. This week Apple reported for the next fiscal quarter, which proved to be very successful for the company. So, its revenues amounted to 51.5 billion dollars (against 42 billion for the same period in 2014), while net profit increased by more than $ 2.5 billion. IPhone sales increased significantly and amounted to 48 million units (compared to 39 million last year). But the iPad performance is traditionally dipped: 2.5 million units. Mac sales remained almost at the same level.
It is also worth noting that the assurances from Apple about 30 % of new iPhone users came from Android and app store for Apple Watch is already available to more than 13 thousand applications. In addition, China has become a major market for Apple. Which is not surprising.