News Apple, issue 185: iPhone Sales and Apple Pay in Ross
Presenting your attention the 185th edition news program “news Apple”, where every week we talk about the most interesting events from the world of Apple. Today we will focus on new data about the iPhone 8, to statistics use Apple Pay in Russia, and more!
1. This week in the Internet appeared fresh video from the site of the new campus Apple. And it shows that its construction is already at an advanced stage: across the roof solar panels are installed, workers begin to level the landscape, plant trees and install fountains. Also almost ready and stacked Parking for 11 thousand seats. The new Apple campus will accommodate 13 thousand employees, and 80 % of the territory will cover green Park. The company plans to move into their new home in the third quarter of next year.
2. 10.1.1 iOS users complain of battery problems. Someones iPhone 6 battery operated no longer than 20 minutes. Some users after unlocking charge percentage falls from 100 to 43% of eyes. The most common iPhone 6s whose mobile is switched off though the battery is charged by 30-40 percent. Several authorized service centers recognized the existence of a software problem that will be solved in the next update.
3. Apple acknowledged a manufacturing defect from the adjusting hinge of the iMac, released in the period from 2012 to 2014. Because of design features, it has a tendency to premature failure, preventing the tilt of the display. In this regard, Apple announced the provision of free repair regardless of warranty or refund the full cost of repairs already made.
4. Payment service Apple Pay has started to work in Russia with Sberbank on 4 October, but in November he was joined by other large banks, and the cardholders of Visa payment system. It’s been almost a month since the “scale” of the launch of Apple Pay, it’s time to take stock.
According to RBC, now in Russia about 100 thousand people are using Apple Pay and Samsung Pay — a little, given that Russia produced more than 248 million Bank cards. At the same time, users are quite active: the average check transaction in the Bank “Saint-Petersburg” with the use of the services is about 600 rubles, in Raiffeisenbank — 950 rubles. And among the clients of “VTB24” there is one unique user who spends using Apple Pay around 100 Grand a week. But the most expensive purchase was made by 1.83 million rubles with the help of Samsung Pay at the store Tiffany&Co.
It is obvious that the services Apple Pay and Samsung Pay are very interesting for users in Russia, and in the future, the number of payments will only grow.
5. According to the newspaper “Vedomosti”, last month, Apple sold a record number of iPhones on the territory of our country. According to the publication, sales of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus in Russia amounted to 92 thousand devices, while just this month the country has sold about 2.5 million smartphones. The result is iPhone 7 took almost 4 % of the market. And this is without the grey market, where you can also launch a lot of smartphones.
The most popular was the iPhone 7 with 128 GB of internal memory, which sold “copies” in 35 thousand copies. The performance of the new iPhone was two times more than iPhone 6s and 6s Plus last year: then in November, Russia had sold 44 thousand of these smartphones.
Despite the runaway success of the iPhone 7 has become the best-selling smartphone in Russia — the title retains the iPhone 5s.
6. According to The Wall Street Journal, Apple has begun testing the next-generation iPhone. At the disposal of the company’s specialists have more than ten prototypes, differing not only in appearance but also functionality. Some samples, say the journalists, are bent on both sides of the display, OLED technology.
The organic matrix in contrast to the IPS is much better tolerated transformation, consumes much less energy and has more rich colors. The final choice of the Apple to separate several stages of quality control, which will be identified consumer characteristics and manufacturing flaws.
It is likely that next year Apple will add a line of branded smartphones another model, says analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. In 2017, he predicts the launch of three iPhone models with a screen diagonal of 4.7, 5.1 and 5.5 inches. OLED display receives only secondary modification, while others will continue to be equipped with a matrix, made on technology TFT-LCD.