News Apple, issue 188: the start of sales of AirPods and Apple Pay at the ICC
Presenting your attention the 188 th edition news program “news Apple”, where every week we talk about the most interesting events from the world of Apple. Today we will talk about the iPhone 8, to pay the fare at the ICC with Apple Pay and more!
1. A line of desktop Macs will have a major upgrade of hardware. This follows from the report of General Director of Apple Tim cook. According to him, in Cupertino do not even think about how to curtail production desktops, but on the contrary has thrown all forces on development of the updates. However, despite the apparent optimism of the cook, still nothing is known about the fate of the Mac Pro and Mac mini, has not received any hardware updates from 2013 and 14 years, respectively. It’s possible that from now on under the “desktop” computers in Cupertino mean only those that are literally on the table. Which is a pity.
2. Apple continues to look for options of transferring production facilities to India, entering the market where the company has strategic importance. The main obstacle to Apple is the lack of financial incentive. This became known from an official letter addressed to the leadership of the country. The problem of migration is further complicated by the forced position of Apple related contractual obligations with corporations Foxconn and Pegatron.
3. And the masters of iFixit has a look inside AirPods. They found out that the right and left headphones are identical, but have different model ID. To open the headphone case only sawn it. And use them after opening will not work. ￼ All components of the headphones are kept with glue and have a truly tiny size. For example, in each can you find a battery, whose capacity is only 1% of the battery capacity of the iPhone 7.
4. The possibility of contactless payments via Apple Pay at the Moscow Central Ring was introduced last week and is currently exclusive. Users Samsung Pay this privilege was denied. The original advantage of contactless payment has received MasterCard card holders regardless of the Bank. Support for Visa payment system will be connected soon.
To pay for travel on the ICC with the help of Apple Pay, the Muscovites and guests of the capital can not only in specialized offices, but also in terminals ticket, and right at the turnstiles.
Besides the obvious convenience and simplicity, users of the payment service and received another nice bonus. Every Monday of December and into the New year when you pay with Apple Pay, passengers can use. absolutely free of charge.
5. Recently, the Federal Antimonopoly service very closely eyeing the Apple and companies that surround it. Previously, the Agency had opened a case against the technology giant, and this week took over Resellers Apple.
Defendants in the case were 4 organizations associated with retailers “CITILINK” and “Pozitronika” — they came under inspection of the FAS on suspicion of coordination of prices when selling the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. If the wine companies will be proved, they face a fine of 100 thousand to half a million rubles.
Apple denies all allegations of price collusion. According to the company, Resellers set their own prices for iPhone in Russia and around the world.
6. This week’s edition of the Korea Herald reported that in 2017, the iPhone will receive a plastic OLED panel that will cover the smartphone almost entirely. If you believe the rumors, it will be manufactured by Samsung. At the moment it is unclear whether this flexible plastic OLED panel is covered by something else. Still, we were waiting for the smartphone in a glass case, based on numerous rumors.
It is also reported about the new sensor technology, which will allow you to recognize touch not only to screen but also to other parts of the smartphone. It will be very interesting to see the scenarios of its practical application.
Likely in 2017 Apple will show us at least three smartphone. One of them will be equipped with OLED-display and a radical new design, and the other two will be upgraded versions of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.